Introduction: E-coat paint Stripper and Powder Coating Paint Stripper For Soak Tanks and Spray Applications
StriPaint 9900 is used for the removal of E-Coat Powder Coat from Steel, Aluminum and Galvanized steel parts without adversely affecting the galvanized surfaces.
DESCRIPTION: E-Coat paint Stripper & Powder coating Stripper
What Is Powder Coating?
Powder coating is an advanced method of applying a decorative and protective finish to a wide range of materials and products.
The powder used for the process is a mixture of finely ground particles of pigment and resin, which is sprayed onto a surface to be coated.
The charged powder particles adhere to the electrically grounded surfaces until heated and fused into a smooth coating in a curing oven. The result is a uniform, durable, high-quality, and attractive finish. Powder coating is the fastest-growing finishing technology in North America.
Electro-coating is a painting method which uses an electrical current to deposit paint. The process works on the principal of “Opposites Attract”…E-coat also goes by the terms electro-painting, electro-phonetic coating, electro-deposition and a few others. It’s the process used on automotive chassis where the whole frame is dipped into a tank. The idea is that electricity converts the chemicals in the solution into a corrosion resisting primer right at the surface of the part. Because it forms an electrically resistive coating, as the prominent areas get coated, the electricity is diverted to the more recessed areas until everything is coated.
StriPaint 9900 is engineered for soak tank & Spray applications.
StriPaint 9900 can be diluted with water up to 90% and is used at @ 140 F -180 F
Remove E-Coat and Powder Coating from Aluminum, Zinc and Steel Substrates With StriPaint 9900: New Product Technology Testimonials
An Ohio Powder Coating Job Shop improved quality significantly by installing a hot strip process tank and utilizing StriPaint 9900 concentrated paint stripping solution to recover powder coating rework and reprocess parts as first run to (o-defect) standards.
• A Missouri Powder Coater saved 50% per gallon of chemical cost by switching to super concentrate 9900
• StriPaint 9900 undercuts coatings in sheets that are easily removed by filtering, providing longer bath life for our stripping solution.
Note: The information presented herein is our interpretation of certain test results and field experience to date. The information is not to be taken as warranty or representation for which we assume legal responsibility, nor as permission or recommendation to practice any patented invention without a license. It is offered solely for your consideration, investigation and verification.
- Ships as a super concentrate and reduces with water by 50% or more
- Removes E-coat and Powder Coating by lifting film from substrate allowing easy removal by filtration, providing for long bath life.
- Works well on carbon steel, stainless, aluminum, zinc and magnesium substrates.
- Environmentally Friendly
- On-going technical help.
- Helping E-coat & Powder Coating Finishers to reach zero defect coating quality, in order to give your company maximum advantage.
- Extended bath life compared to solvent.
- Economical to use.
- High employee acceptance, no offensive odor.
- It is a soak tank operation.
- Agitation is required to decrease the stripping time.
- The e-coat is removed as a solid.
- Superior cleaning ability
- Low foaming
- Does not contain phenols, chlorinated or flammable solvents
- Water based product.
- Removes Epoxy coating by lifting film from substrate
- Works well on coated carbon steel, stainless steel and aluminum
- Minimal airborne health hazard
- Low vapor pressure reduces VOC’s, Environmentally Friendly
- Radically reduced VOC emissions – E-Coat Stripper
“We switched from the burn-off process and now chemically strip our E-Coat Hooks, Racks and Fixtures with much cleaner results and in less than an hour in most cases compare to 8 to 12 hours turn-around time with the burn-off oven. We would recommend this product to other e-coat stripping & powder coating operations with confidence.”
“Not only has our cost per gallon gone down, we can dilute it with water in concentration from 30% to 50% for even greater savings.”
“We had jobs that required immersion in our former stripping solution for 12 hour or more in some cases. Now we can strip those same coatings in an hour or less. Many parts strip clean in a matter of minutes.”
“We work on a lot of e-coat and powder coat and the coating tends to come off in sheets so we can filter our tanks for longer bath life. We have been running General Chemical’s paint stripper for a few months now and we can recommend it to other e-coat stripping operations with confidence.”
“Specially formulated for E-Coat paint stripping from non ferrous and galvanized parts with minimal effect on the galvanized substrates.”